- When you have a newly-diagnosed child with diabetes, you won't sit down for an entire week straight. Don't expect this schedule to lighten, ever.*
- Be glad you worked so hard to make all your women friends, you'll need each and every one of them.
- Sugar-free candy does not necessarily mean carb-free. Oops.
- The shots hurt when the needle goes in, but not when it comes out.
- Expect to fall in love with list making, it's your new hobby.
- You'll quickly discover every one of your children has been ingesting way too much sugar.
* When you realize diabetes is turning you into the mom you should've been all along, be grateful.