Monday, February 16, 2009

Before and after

This weekend I conquered "the bridge", that silly little divider standing between pre-diagnosis and post. It was all an illusion anyway, pretending that life prior had been taken for granted, when really, it was spent in deep celebration of all we had.

I mean have. It relieved me of my judgements, those I planned on placing upon you, the ones that had probably been placed upon me, by those with destinies unaccepted. I embrace all of my life.

Sure, it's mildly inconvenient to care so much about health now. Where will I be heading, armed with carb-hatred, ahem, insulin reluctance. Oh pancreas, gland denying us your hormones, and yet you feign some balance, interconnectedness with the whole?

It's not that I don't believe you, sitting there all comfy and tucked in. Just that I'd always thought you knew antibodies from normal. I still forgive you for giving in.

3 comments:

  1. Hi. Thanks for the comment on my blog (My Son Has Diabetes). I just wanted to send you a (((hug))) and let you know I've been where you are and I understand what you're going through right now. My son was 3 when he was diagnosed 3+ years ago and it still brings tears to my eyes to think of that day. If you ever feel the need to vent email me. (pennylane5001@embarqmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. If you start receiving spam-mail thanks to generous leaving your email address, let me know too.

    jeskiley at yahoo dot com

    I'd have no problem reposting with that part deleted.

    ReplyDelete